UNAOC First Online Youth Consultation on Preventing Violent Extremism Through Sport 2021-Welcome to Stevo’s Portal: Here you will be updated with Genuine and Real Opportunities and Jobs Vacancies and much more-See Details below
Deadline: January 24, 2021
Applications for the UNAOC First Online Youth Consultation on Preventing Violent Extremism Through Sport are now open. This is a global call to young people aged 15-29, who are interested in the role sport can play in preventing violent extremism through policymaking, innovative programming, knowledge sharing and awareness-raising.
In accordance with the United Nations’ continuous commitment to the inclusion of the youth and sport in the maintenance and promotion of peace and security, the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) will convene an interactive Youth Consultation to provide a collaborative, open and inclusive platform for young actors preventing violent extremism through sport.
This event takes place on January 20-21, 2021, within the framework of the “Global Program on Security of Major Sporting Events, and Promotion of Sport and its Values as a Tool to Prevent Violent Extremism”, implemented by the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT), in partnership with UNICRI, the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Centre for Sport and Security (ICSS).
The forum will seek to dissect factors deterring meaningful youth participation as well as propose feasible recommendations to address them while creating a safe space to dialogue with Member States on how to enhance youth integration in decision-making processes; and collaborate and gather young leaders’ inputs in developing a series of outputs related to the prevention of violent extremism through sport, that include:
- Global Awareness Campaign to Say No to Terrorism while promoting the use of Sport and its Values as a Tool to Prevent Violent Extremism: The Campaign will have a global dimension and aim to have its highest moment of visibility on the occasion of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic games (taking place in 2021) and the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Guide for Policymakers to promote the role of sports and its values in preventing violent extremism and radicalization
- Training Handbook for organizers on how to leverage the organization of sport events and competitions to prevent violent extremism
- App for organizers on how to leverage the organization of sport events and competitions to prevent violent extremism
- Applicant must be between 15-29 years of age. To be considered eligible, applicants must be born on or between January 20, 1992 and January 21, 2006.
- No geographic restrictions.
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity and pluralism, nonviolence, peaceful and inclusive societies and adhere to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the principles and values of the Charter of the United Nations.
- The working language of the event will be English. No translation will be available.
- Motivation and contribution to the program: the applicant demonstrates high motivation to contribute and collaborate in developing the outputs.
- Interest in themes: the applicant demonstrates some experience and knowledge (or a great interest to get involved) in issues related to intercultural dialogue, peacebuilding, preventing violent extremism or/and sport for development and peace.
- Future impact and follow up: the applicant expresses strong commitment to further engage on the topics and has the ability to consult with and reach a wider group of young people, audience or network, including at the grassroots and community level.
- Experience and potential: experience in the development of policies and guidelines, the design of innovative apps, the implementation of awareness and communication campaigns and/or the organization of sporting events is an asset.
The application is duly completed, submitted by the deadline and contains all supporting documentation, requested as part of the call. Half-complete applications or applications filled in other languages than English will not be reviewed and considered.
The application deadline is December 24, 2020, 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (New York).
Click here to apply
For more information, visit UNAOC.